Thursday, June 24, 2010

And the first shall be last...

Michele teaching at a camp full of middle school age kids this June.


Mark 9:35"And he sat down and called the twelve. And he said to them, "If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all."

This month has been a month of firsts: Our first month as official "Missionary Recruits" with our sender, our first children's camp as missionaries, our first donation, our first missionary bank account, our first financial partnering, and our first newsletter mailing.

We are so excited to have come this far, and are looking forward to many more months of preparing before we actually head overseas.

I've talked to numerous middle-school age kids this month (over 200). In these talks, I've explained that EVERYONE can (and is called) to be a missionary. That doesn't mean that you need to pack up and move across the ocean, but it does mean that you need to move. God warns that you are not to remain idle, comfortable, lazy in your witness. It is good to rest when needed, but when you consistently remain idle, trouble finds you.

Did God call me to become a foreign missionary because I'm perfect? Sinless? I have the Bible memorized? NO, of course not.

God called me because He knew that I'd say "YES". Not because this will be fun. Not because I'm anxious to move to another country. Not because I want to uproot my family from their home church. I said yes because I love God (period). I said yes to becoming last.

He will equip me as I need it. I just need to go and open my mouth. He will fill it with HIS words.

Will you join me in my journey? We are looking for partners in finances and prayer! Email me at mradams333@yahoo.com to join our mission. We will be praying that God speaks to you, and that you say "YES" to whatever call He places on your heart.

=============================================================
PRAYER REQUESTS:

+Safety in traveling this month to Washington, IN
+Motivation as we prepare to sell our farm
+Perfect neighbors in Italy
+New friends for our girls in Italy
+Financial Partnerships to come fast and without worry

No comments:

Post a Comment