Friday, September 10, 2010

Nothing Insightful Here, move along...


This blog is purely just a blog about personal feelings, fears, questions. You can read on to get a view inside my head at this exact moment in time, or just move on to some of the other, better written blogs. As always, thanks for checking in and keeping our family in your prayers.

A moment in time, inside my head, before we head to our first trip to Italy, and mine overseas. We leave in just 2 weeks

I have a thousand and three questions inside of me, just waiting to get answered.

Some are very trivial: "Can I get a week's worth of clothes into a backpack light enough to count as carry on?" "What happens if a plane is late and makes us miss our next flight?" "What if our luggage doesn't make it when we do?"

Some are personal: "Will the other teams like us?" "What will we be eating?" "I wonder if we will be disgusting (from dust/dirt) every day?" One word, "bathrooms" "What if we get lost?"

Some are Spiritual: "Will I be able to hear God's voice?" "Where does He want us?" "How will it feel to go to a church service where we don't understand a single word?"

All are just fearful! Many thoughts and fears, few answers, everything "foreign".

The next blog will be full of answers, we hope. We have no idea how this "missionary thing" works. We are going along, with God leading. Great place to be, but scary when all you can do is "feel" blindly what is being put in front of you.

We don't know what we are doing. We are not from a "missionary family". I've never even stepped off of American soil before. Why did God call US?? Well, it is simply because He knew we'd say "yes". We did! Now what??

I can't wait to write all of the answers to these questions, next month. Please pray with me (and for our family) during this time.

Until The Whole World Hears,
Michele


No comments:

Post a Comment